Saturday 19 December 2009

chilly pre-christmas




Well, we have snowy roads here and I haven't been able to get into the office: which is quite out in the country up a narrow, windy and hilly lane -and treacherous in bad weather. So no excuse for not getting cracking with all my home jobs! I'm listening to some lovely music on the ipod - played by Gene Harris (which my friend Marlene introduced me to) - glorious jazzy,bluesy piano - try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9frgJdwYNC8 if you would like to hear and see a sample.

So I'm just working on the instructions for the new Summer Berries Bracelet, and here is a picture of it.

It's also taking my mind off the guilt trip of not working, and not preparing for Christmas - which the snow has put paid to! I'm really off the whole idea of braving the roads: I got stuck on Thursday night coming home from Ipswich - 4hrs on the A12 (with what should have been a 20 minute journey) lorries and cars scattered everywhere like abandoned toys; but the only crash that I saw was the snow plough!

We have a family party tomorrow, for my Mum's 90th birthday and I am making lunch, but I think it's not going to be quite as anticipated; I shall be working with whatever we've got in the freezer. I don't think she'll even notice, and everyone else can be plied with drinks in advance! Here's a pic of my Mum and Dad taken about 18months ago; happy memories!
Oh, and what was I doing in Ipswich? I went to The Association of Speakers Clubs where I am trying to overcome my nerves of speaking in public. They do lots of different exercises and topic practices with the idea that the more you do in a supportive environment the more confident you will feel. Good idea in theory - watch this space!
Meantime back to my contemplative beading!



No comments: